Mahanaim International High School provides a school system from under the British Cambridge International Examinations (CIE), and among their academic programs are Cambridge IGCSE and Cambridge GCE AS/A Level, using their textbooks.
- Certified by the Kenya Ministry of Education
- Cambridge International Examination Centre (CIE)Registered
- All language courses taught by native language teachers
- Small-size classes
- Classes provided according to placement levels, including supplementary, advanced & individual classes ESL classes are provided for non-English-speaking students.
System of Education
- Internationally recognized education and evaluation system
- Prestigious level of education from a broad history of more than 150 years
- Offers its education to millions of students each year from more than 160 countries
- As the system of each Cambridge education provider is maintained under Cambridge University, all its academic courses, lesson plans, exam composition and such are guaranteed a mutual quality of education.
Cambridge International Examination
- Diverse Choices: According to each students’ needs or level, students are able to select their courses.
- Globally competitive
- Graduation secures broad career paths and /or college entries
- MIHS’ course of education are segmented in the first three years of Cambridge IGCSE (Year 9-11), and two years of GCE AS/A Level (Year 12-13),for a total of five years.
- Continuation options include: A) Standard college entry after the 3-year education of Cambridge IGCSE or B) Entry into prominent universities upon completion of GCE A Level
3-YearCourse (Year 9-11)
- International General Certificate of Secondary Education
- Grade-skipping or repeating allowed
- Required to complete 7 subjects, including English, Math and Science
- College entry requires a minimum of five subjects passed with grades of C or higher
- Qualified for Cambridge GCE AS education
- Qualified to enroll in foundation college courses in the UK or Australia
- Able to enroll in community colleges in USA
- Enrollment accepted in a number of colleges as followed:
- 119 colleges/universities in USA
- 46 colleges/universities in Canada
- 15 colleges/universities in Australia & New Zealand
GCE AS/A Level
- General Certificate of Education Advanced Level
- Qualifies high school graduation & college entrance
- Required to complete at least 3-4subjects
- 1st years take AS Level Examination; afterwards, 2nd year students take A2 Level Exam
- College entry requires at least out of 3 subjects passed with grades of C or higher
Options After Certification
- Acknowledged by prestigious colleges/universities all over the world
- Secured preference by colleges/universities in the British Commonwealth of Nations
- College or advancement credit(s) will be awarded for better grades.
colleges/universities in 60 countries worldwide (according to CIE Recognition Org.).
- 347 colleges/universities in USA
- 49 colleges/universities in Canada
- 54 colleges/universities Australia & New Zealand
Cambridge IGCSE O Level (14 subjects)English, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Geography, Sociology, Business Studies, History, Computer, ICT, French, Chinese, Swahili.
Cambridge GCE AS/A Level (11 subjects)English, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Geography, Marine Science, History, Computer, ICT, Chinese,